Sunday, October 24, 2010

Babies Ruin Everything - Matthew Swanson and Robbi Behr

Aah, the Idiots are back!  Volume XXVIII (that's 28 to you and me) in the Idiots'Books series.  You could think of this, possibly, as a follow-up to The Baby Is Disappointing, and it certainly is related to the birth of their second child.  This volume is written from the perspective of a very little girl who has been an only child, and now finds herself dealing with having a younger sibling.  The illustrations are a break from the "traditional" Robbi, and are more done in the style of a little kid.  And yet Robbi still shines through, like when the pony is pooping on a kid, and with the amount of urine in the pictures.  There's a lot of urine.  A LOT.  And I love every last drop.

Go find the Idiots at www.idiotsbooks.com.  Buy their books.  You'll never regret it.  And it just may change your life.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Don! You're the best!
    I'm glad you feel that I shine through on the horse-pooping page. It's my favorite. It cracks me up every time I look at it. Which is every night right before I go to sleep.
    :D
    Also - like the new blog design - it's new, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this review and after reading your copy of this book, I concur, there is a heck of a lot of pee in this book...so truthful, so telling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a comment from the illustrator? I can't beleive I am friends with a celebrity-book-reviewer like you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete