Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mary Ann in Autumn - Armistead Maupin

Oh, I was so excited to see this book in the store the other day. It's the eighth book in the Tales of the City series. I couldn't wait to catch up with some of my favorite people again!

I zipped through this book in one day as I flew down to Charleston. And I loved every minute of it. Spending time with Mary Ann, Michael, Mrs. Madrigal and all of the others...it was nothing short of magical.

One of the things I really liked about the first six books is how the characters grow, develop and change. As we all do. And this continues here. And of course we have some newer characters too. They all just feel so - so true. It's great.

And of course there's some mystery, and some plot twists and connections that I really didn't see coming at all - which made it that much better. If you're a fan of the series, you'll enjoy this. If you're not, well, I don't know what's wrong with you. :-) And if you don't know the series - start from the beginning. It's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what's wrong with me either...will put this on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you really read 40 books so far this year? You are truly my hero.

    ReplyDelete