Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sans Feu Ni Lieu - Fred Vargas

Well, this is the last of the Fred Vargas books that I have. Oh, she's written more, and I'll read them eventually. But this is the last one that I brought back with me from my last trip to France.

This story has the three Evangelists again, living in the same house with the one guy's godfather. And they crack me up. They really are very engaging characters. We have a new hero in this story, a man named Clement who realizes that he's been framed for some recent murders. Clement isn't very smart...maybe he is mildly mentally retarded, it's not completely clear. He is VERY well written and so endearing. You just know from the outset that he is innocent, as he claims to be.

So then, of course, it's up to the three evangelists and an ex-cop to find the real killer and clear Clement. Which they do of course. I was proud of myself; I actually figured out who the real killer was, which I rarely do! So go me. There were some aspects that I got wrong about it, though. Which is not surprising.

Another good story from Fred Vargas, with well drawn characters that pull you in, and a good ending. I can't wait for my next trip to France so that I can get some more of her books!

1 comment:

  1. I never realized that Fred is a woman. Would you consider purchasing more of HER books online? Hey, do you have akindle? I think we talked about it and we both agreed that we liked holding a book. Anyway, I'm jealous that I can't read French...seems like she's a kick-ass author. You are having your house concert as I write this...I miss you.

    ReplyDelete