Monday, March 8, 2010

Les Enfants de la liberté - Marc Levy

Well, I tried.  I really did.  I have enjoyed all of Marc Levy's other stuff; it's been contemporary novels, with a twist to them - like when God and Satan sent messengers to decide the fate of humankind and they fell in love with each other.  But this one - totally different.  It's a story, loosely based (I believe) on Marc Levy's father's life when he was about 20 years old and in the Resistance.  And I tried...and tried...to like it, and to get through it.  And it's not that I didn't like it...I just couldn't get through it.  It's very well written, and as I've been reading it (for the past two months) I've enjoyed it, but it's such slow-going for me that I have decided to give up on it.  Which is a shame, because I really wish I could get through it, but I can't.

So...onward to the next book.

1 comment:

  1. Two months? You hung in there for a looooonnnnngg time. I hope you treat yourself to a great book to follow up such a struggle.

    ReplyDelete