Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rampaging Fuckers of Everything on the Crazy Shitting Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere! - Mykle Hansen

So...another amazon.com recommendation, at the same time as The Haunted Vagina.  It contains three short novels: "Monster Cocks," "Journey to the Center of Agnes Cuddlebottom" and "Crazy Shitting Planet."  Turns out that it's also part of this bizarro fiction genre; I really have never heard of this before and I am not sure at all why amazon would recommend these to me.

What did I think?  Well - they were okay.  The stories were all a quick read, which was in their favor.  Of the three I enjoyed the one about Agnes Cuddlebottom the best...interviews with people who, thanks to a new invention, were shrunk and then were up walking around Agnes's intestines.  There's definitely a very satirical element to these three stories which comes across loud and clear.  Essentially, this story really takes to task what we'll do for medical advancement and how we treat the earth and each other.  It essentially says how we have a blatant disregard for human life - except our own, of course.  But it does so in a very funny way; how they end up opening a Starbucks in her intestines, for instance, because there are so many people in there.  It's...well, I guess it's called bizarro fiction for a reason, because it's bizarro.

I don't have any other bizarro books to read, and I think I'm okay with that.  I think that if someone likes this genre, then this is a good book to read, but overall I don't know that I've been pulled into the bizarro genre.  Doesn't mean I won't visit from time to time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment