Saturday, December 18, 2010

Transformation Soup - Sark

You know what I like about Sark?  Or one of the things, I should say: she doesn't act like she's perfect and like she knows how to do it all.  She's a regular person, like you, like me.  With faults and imperfections and who has made mistakes and will undoubtedly make more.  Like you...Like me.  Like all of us - which is perhaps what we all truly have in common.

This book is about her year dedicated to healing, and to transformation.  There are little nuggets in here, little gems, that are truly inspiring.  For example:

Let's just all realize and admit that the pain never ends and go on brilliantly anyway.  *Brilliantly, in this case, means: despite all forms of wanting to quit.
Let's realize that to experience our lives intimately means to be off-balance, out of control, and subject to all sorts of fragile and tender emotions.
We might say, "Then why do it?  Why not hide, avoid, resist, anesthetize, refuse, neglect, lie, work harder, gain more control, get more money, seek more escapes, and live in denial?"
You'll do all of these anyway and the pain just waits for another entry point.


But this isn't a book that focuses on pain.  A little further on the same page:

Joy is tougher to accept than pain.  Isn't this a curious paradox.  We are often more comfortable with pain and struggle because it's familiar.


Wow.

Yeah...good stuff.  Sark: I like you.

3 comments:

  1. Please save this one for me, if possible. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is this that book that is 5 million pages with short story thingies in it? I still want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sark! Every time I see one of her books at the thrift store I go to buy it and then realize I already have it.

    ReplyDelete